Game selection is defined as selecting a game to play in that will maximize your Win Rate. It is critically important, and has perhaps the biggest single influence on your Win Rate
In practice, that means making sure you sit at O8 tables with the worst possible opponents. Your profit in lower-limit O8 games will not come from you outplaying your opponents with fancy moves. It will come from the horrible mistakes that most of them will make.
Fortunately, Pokertracker and Playerview are ideally equipped to help you select the best games. So use it!
Here's the best way to implement this:
- Look for tables with high Table Average VPIP. You want to see numbers over 35 here, and anything over 40 is very nice. You also want at least two players with a VPIP over 40.
- Look for tables with low Won $ at ShowDown. These are people that are showing up at the Showdown and losing their money. You want a table average below 60, and some individuals with numbers in the 50s.
- Find Bad players at Party Poker and skins to them to your Buddy List: Either the 1) Fish at $3-6, or 2) the Fish at $10-20
- Find Good players at Party Poker and avoid them: Either the 1) Good Players at $3-6, or 2) the Good Players at $10-20. Either that or watch them play to see what they do right.
Game Selection for PLO8.
- Here are some Fishies in the PLO8 games.